WordPress 5.5.2 is currently readily available!
This safety and also upkeep launch attributes 14 bug fixes along with 10 safety repairs. Since this is a safety launch, it is suggested that you upgrade your websites right away. All variations given that WordPress 3.7 have actually additionally been upgraded.
WordPress 5.5.2 is a short-cycle safety and also upkeep launch. The following significant launch will certainly be variation 5.6.
You can download and install WordPress 5.5.2 by downloading and install from WordPress.org, or see your Control panel → Updates and also click Update Currently.
If you have websites that sustain automated history updates, they have actually currently begun the upgrade procedure.
10 safety concerns impact WordPress variations 5.5.1 and also earlier. If you have not yet upgraded to 5.5, all WordPress variations given that 3.7 have actually additionally been upgraded to repair the list below safety concerns:
- Props to Alex Concha of the WordPress Protection Group for their operate in solidifying deserialization demands.
- Props to David Binovec on a repair to disable spam installs from impaired websites on a multisite network.
- Many Thanks to Marc Montas from Sucuri for reporting a problem that can cause XSS from international variables.
- Many Thanks to Justin Tran that reported a problem bordering opportunity acceleration in XML-RPC. He additionally discovered and also divulged a problem around opportunity acceleration around message commenting through XML-RPC.
- Props to Omar Ganiev that reported a technique where a DoS strike can cause RCE.
- Many Thanks to Karim El Ouerghemmi from RIPS that divulged a technique to shop XSS in message slugs.
- Many Thanks to Slavco for reporting, and also verification from Karim El Ouerghemmi, a technique to bypass safeguarded meta that can cause approximate data removal.
- Many Thanks to Erwan LR from WPScan that properly divulged a technique that can cause CSRF.
- As well as an unique many thanks to @zieladam that was essential in most of the launches and also spots throughout this launch.
Thanks to every one of the press reporters forprivately disclosing the vulnerabilities This offered the safety group time to repair the susceptabilities prior to WordPress websites can be struck.
Many thanks and also props!
The 5.5.2 launch was led by @whyisjake and also the complying with launch team:@audrasjb, @davidbaumwald, @desrosj, @johnbillion, @metalandcoffee, @noisysocks @planningwrite, @sarahricker and also @sergeybiryukov
Along with the safety scientists and also launch team participants stated over, thanks to every person that assisted make WordPress 5.5.2 occur:
Aaron Jorbin, Alex Concha, Amit Dudhat, Andrey “Rarst” Savchenko, Andy Fragen, Ayesh Karunaratne, bridgetwillard, Daniel Richards, David Baumwald, Davis Shaver, dd32, Florian TIAR, Hareesh, Hugh Lashbrooke, Ian Dunn, Igor Radovanov, Jake Spurlock, Jb Audras, John Blackbourn, Jonathan Desrosiers, Jon Brown, Joy, Juliette Reinders Folmer, kellybleck, mailnew2ster, Marcus Kazmierczak, Marius L. J., Milan Dinić, Mohammad Jangda, Mukesh Panchal, Paal Joachim Romdahl, Peter Wilson, Regan Khadgi, Robert Anderson, Sergey Biryukov, Sergey Yakimov, Syed Balkhi, szaqal21, Tellyworth, Timi Wahalahti, Timothy Jacobs, Towhidul I. Chowdhury, Vinayak Anivase, and also zieladam.