WordPress 5.2.3 is currently offered!
This protection and also upkeep launch includes 29 solutions and also improvements. And also, it includes a variety of protection solutions– see the listed here.
These insects influence WordPress variations 5.2.2 and also earlier; variation 5.2.3 solutions them, so you’ll wish to update.
If you have not yet upgraded to 5.2, there are additionally upgraded variations of 5.1 and also earlier that repair the insects for you.
- Props to Simon Scannell of RIPS Technologies for searching for and also revealing 2 problems. The initial, a cross-site scripting (XSS) susceptability located in message sneak peeks by factors. The secondly was a cross-site scripting susceptability in saved remarks.
- Props to Tim Coen for revealing a concern where recognition and also sanitization of a LINK might result in an open redirect.
- Props to Anshul Jain for revealing shown cross-site scripting throughout media uploads.
- Props to Zhouyuan Yang of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs that divulged a susceptability for cross-site scripting (XSS) in shortcode sneak peeks.
- Props to Ian Dunn of the Core Protection Group for searching for and also revealing an instance where shown cross-site scripting might be located in the control panel.
- Props to Soroush Dalili (@irsdl) from NCC Team for revealing a concern with LINK sanitization that can result in cross-site scripting (XSS) strikes.
- Along with the above modifications, we are additionally upgrading jQuery on older variations of WordPress. This modification was added in 5.2.1 and also is currently being offered older variations.
You can search the full list of changes on Trac
For even more information, search the complete listing of modifications on Trac or look into the Variation 5.2.3 documentation page
WordPress 5.2.3 is a short-cycle upkeep launch. The following significant launch will certainly be version 5.3.
You can download and install WordPress 5.2.3 from the switch on top of this web page, or see your Control Panel → Updates and also click Update Currently
If you have websites that sustain automated history updates, they have actually currently begun the upgrade procedure.
Many thanks and also props!
This launch combines payments from greater than 62 other individuals. Thanks to every person that made this launch feasible!
Adam Silverstein, Alex Concha, Alex Goller, Andrea Fercia, Andrew Duthie, Andrew Ozz, Andy Fragen, Ashish Shukla, Aslam Shekh, backermann1978, Catalin Dogaru, Chetan Prajapati, Chris Aprea, Christoph Herr, email@example.com, Daniel Llewellyn, donmhico, Ella van Durpe, epiqueras, Fencer04, flaviozavan, Garrett Hyder, Gary Pendergast, gqevu6bsiz, Hardik Thakkar, Ian Belanger, Ian Dunn, Jake Spurlock, Jb Audras, Jeffrey Paul, jikamens, John Blackbourn, Jonathan Desrosiers, Jorge Costa, karlgroves, Kjell Reigstad, laurelfulford, Maje Media LLC, Martin Spatovaliyski, Mary Baum, Monika Rao, Mukesh Panchal, nayana123, Ned Zimmerman, Nick Daugherty, Nilambar Sharma, nmenescardi, Paul Vincent Beigang, Pedro Mendonça, Peter Wilson, Sergey Biryukov, Sergey Predvoditelev, Sharaz Shahid, Stanimir Stoyanov, Stefano Minoia, Tammie Lister, tellthemachines, tmatsuur, Vaishali Panchal, vortfu, Will West, and also yarnboy