WordPress 4.7 has actually been downloaded over 10 million times because its launch on December 6, 2016 and also we delight in to introduce the prompt accessibility of WordPress 4.7.1. This is a protection launch for all previous variations and also we highly motivate you to upgrade your websites right away.
WordPress variations 4.7 and also earlier are influenced by 8 protection problems:
- Remote code implementation (RCE) in PHPMailer– No particular concern shows up to impact WordPress or any one of the significant plugins we examined however, out of a wealth of care, we upgraded PHPMailer in this launch. This concern was repaired in PHPMailer many thanks to Dawid Golunski and also Paul Buonopane.
- The REMAINDER API subjected individual information for all customers that had actually authored a message of a public message kind. WordPress 4.7.1 restrictions this to just publish kinds which have actually defined that they need to be revealed within the REMAINDER API. Reported by Krogsgard and also Chris Jean.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) using the plugin name or variation header on
update-core. phpReported by Dominik Schilling of the WordPress Safety Group.
- Cross-site demand imitation (CSRF) bypass using publishing a Flash documents. Reported by Abdullah Hussam
- Cross-site scripting (XSS) using motif name backup. Reported by Mehmet Ince
- Article using e-mail checks
mail.example.comif default setups aren’t transformed. Reported by John Blackbourn of the WordPress Safety Group.
- A cross-site demand imitation (CSRF) was found in the access setting of widget editing and enhancing. Reported by Ronnie Skansing
- Weak cryptographic protection for multisite activation trick. Reported by Jack.
Thanks to the press reporters for exercising responsible disclosure.
Download WordPress 4.7.1 or endeavor over to Control panel → Updates and also merely click “Update Currently.” Websites that sustain automated history updates are currently starting to upgrade to WordPress 4.7.1.
Many thanks to everybody that added to 4.7.1: Aaron D. Campbell, Aaron Jorbin, Adam Silverstein, Andrea Fercia, Andrew Ozz, bonger, Boone Gorges, Chandra Patel, Christian Chung, David Herrera, David Shanske, Dion Hulse, Dominik Schilling (ocean90), DreamOn11, Edwin Cromley, Ella van Dorpe, Gary Pendergast, Hristo Pandjarov, James Nylen, Jeff Bowen, Jeremy Felt, Jeremy Pry, Joe Hoyle, Joe McGill, John Blackbourn, Keanan Koppenhaver, Konstantin Obenland, laurelfulford, Marin Atanasov, mattyrob, monikarao, Nate Reist, Nick Halsey, Nikhil Chavan, nullvariable, Payton Swick, Peter Wilson, Presskopp, Rachel Baker, Ryan McCue, Sanket Parmar, Sebastian Pisula, sfpt, shazahm1, Stanimir Stoyanov, Steven Word, szaqal21, timph, voldemortensen, vortfu, and also Weston Ruter.