The 2nd launch prospect for WordPress 3.1 is currently readily available. The requisite haiku:
Last couple of insects for 3.1
Go examination RC2
As I laid out in the announcement post for RC1, launch prospects are the last quit prior to the last launch. It implies we assume we’re done, and also we once again have no insects to squash. However with 10s of numerous customers, several web server arrangements and also configurations, and also hundreds of plugins and also motifs, it’s still feasible we have actually missed out on something.
Beta 1 began Thanksgiving, RC1 on Xmas, and also RC2 on New Year’s Day. We will not be awaiting an additional vacation for the last launch, however, so if you have not evaluated WordPress 3.1 yet, currently is the moment!
Select modifications given that RC1:
- The protection repairs consisted of in WordPress 3.0.4
- Deal with concerns connected to taking care of a fixed front web page
- Solutions and also improvements for the pagination switches
- Deal with looking for partial usernames
- Effectively reactivate plugins after modifying them
- Constantly reveal the present writer in the writer dropdown when modifying a message
- Takes care of for accessory taxonomies
- Deal with node elimination for the admin bar
- Deal with the personalized blog post kind show_in_menu disagreement
- Numerous repairs for right-to-left languages
- and also a few dozen more changes
If you are checking the launch prospect and also assume you have actually discovered a pest, there are a couple of means to allow us recognize:
If any kind of recognized concerns surface, you’ll have the ability to find them here If you wish to recognize which bars to draw in your screening, check out a list of features in our Beta 1 blog post.