The 2nd launch prospect for WordPress 3.1 is currently readily available. The requisite haiku:
Last couple of pests for 3.1
Go examination RC2
As I described in the announcement post for RC1, launch prospects are the last quit prior to the last launch. It suggests we assume we’re done, and also we once more have no pests to squash. Yet with 10s of countless customers, lots of web server arrangements and also configurations, and also hundreds of plugins and also motifs, it’s still feasible we have actually missed out on something.
Beta 1 began Thanksgiving, RC1 on Xmas, and also RC2 on New Year’s Day. We will not be waiting on an additional vacation for the last launch, however, so if you have not evaluated WordPress 3.1 yet, currently is the moment!
Select adjustments given that RC1:
- The safety and security solutions consisted of in WordPress 3.0.4
- Repair problems connected to managing a fixed front web page
- Repairs and also improvements for the pagination switches
- Repair looking for partial usernames
- Correctly reactivate plugins after modifying them
- Constantly reveal the existing writer in the writer dropdown when modifying a message
- Deals with for add-on taxonomies
- Repair node elimination for the admin bar
- Repair the personalized article kind show_in_menu disagreement
- Numerous solutions for right-to-left languages
- and also a few dozen more changes
If you are evaluating the launch prospect and also assume you have actually discovered an insect, there are a couple of means to allow us understand:
If any kind of recognized problems emerge, you’ll have the ability to find them here If you want to understand which bars to draw in your screening, check out a list of features in our Beta 1 article.