The 2nd launch prospect for WordPress 3.1 is currently readily available. The requisite haiku:
Last couple of insects for 3.1
Go examination RC2
As I laid out in the announcement post for RC1, launch prospects are the last quit prior to the last launch. It indicates we believe we’re done, and also we once again have no insects to squash. However with 10s of countless customers, numerous web server setups and also configurations, and also countless plugins and also styles, it’s still feasible we have actually missed out on something.
Beta 1 began Thanksgiving, RC1 on Xmas, and also RC2 on New Year’s Day. We will not be awaiting one more vacation for the last launch, however, so if you have not checked WordPress 3.1 yet, currently is the moment!
Select adjustments considering that RC1:
- The protection repairs consisted of in WordPress 3.0.4
- Repair concerns associated with dealing with a fixed front web page
- Repairs and also improvements for the pagination switches
- Repair looking for partial usernames
- Correctly reactivate plugins after editing and enhancing them
- Constantly reveal the present writer in the writer dropdown when editing and enhancing a message
- Repairs for add-on taxonomies
- Repair node elimination for the admin bar
- Repair the personalized blog post kind show_in_menu disagreement
- Different repairs for right-to-left languages
- and also a few dozen more changes
If you are evaluating the launch prospect and also believe you have actually discovered an insect, there are a couple of means to allow us recognize:
If any type of recognized concerns emerge, you’ll have the ability to find them here If you want to recognize which bars to draw in your screening, check out a list of features in our Beta 1 blog post.