The 2nd launch prospect for WordPress 3.1 is currently offered. The requisite haiku:
Last couple of insects for 3.1
Go examination RC2
As I detailed in the announcement post for RC1, launch prospects are the last quit prior to the last launch. It suggests we believe we’re done, and also we once again have no insects to squash. Yet with 10s of numerous individuals, several web server setups and also arrangements, and also hundreds of plugins and also styles, it’s still feasible we have actually missed out on something.
Beta 1 began Thanksgiving, RC1 on Xmas, and also RC2 on New Year’s Day. We will not be awaiting an additional vacation for the last launch, however, so if you have not evaluated WordPress 3.1 yet, currently is the moment!
Select modifications given that RC1:
- The safety repairs consisted of in WordPress 3.0.4
- Take care of problems associated with managing a fixed front web page
- Repairs and also improvements for the pagination switches
- Take care of looking for partial usernames
- Effectively reactivate plugins after editing and enhancing them
- Constantly reveal the existing writer in the writer dropdown when editing and enhancing an article
- Repairs for accessory taxonomies
- Take care of node elimination for the admin bar
- Take care of the personalized article kind show_in_menu disagreement
- Numerous repairs for right-to-left languages
- and also a few dozen more changes
If you are evaluating the launch prospect and also believe you have actually located an insect, there are a couple of methods to allow us understand:
If any kind of recognized problems surface, you’ll have the ability to find them here If you want to understand which bars to draw in your screening, check out a list of features in our Beta 1 article.