The 2nd launch prospect for WordPress 3.1 is currently readily available. The requisite haiku:
Last couple of insects for 3.1
Go examination RC2
As I detailed in the announcement post for RC1, launch prospects are the last quit prior to the last launch. It indicates we believe we’re done, and also we once again have no insects to squash. Yet with 10s of numerous customers, several web server setups and also arrangements, and also hundreds of plugins and also motifs, it’s still feasible we have actually missed out on something.
Beta 1 began Thanksgiving, RC1 on Xmas, and also RC2 on New Year’s Day. We will not be waiting on an additional vacation for the last launch, however, so if you have not examined WordPress 3.1 yet, currently is the moment!
Select adjustments because RC1:
- The safety and security solutions consisted of in WordPress 3.0.4
- Take care of problems associated with dealing with a fixed front web page
- Solutions and also improvements for the pagination switches
- Take care of looking for partial usernames
- Effectively reactivate plugins after modifying them
- Constantly reveal the present writer in the writer dropdown when modifying a message
- Deals with for add-on taxonomies
- Take care of node elimination for the admin bar
- Take care of the customized article kind show_in_menu disagreement
- Numerous solutions for right-to-left languages
- and also a few dozen more changes
If you are evaluating the launch prospect and also believe you have actually discovered an insect, there are a couple of methods to allow us understand:
If any type of well-known problems turn up, you’ll have the ability to find them here If you wish to understand which bars to draw in your screening, check out a list of features in our Beta 1 article.