WordPress 3.1.3 is accessible now and is a safety replace for all earlier variations. It incorporates the next safety fixes and enhancements:
- Varied safety hardening by Alexander Concha.
- Taxonomy question hardening by John Lamansky.
- Forestall sniffing out person names of non-authors by utilizing canonical redirects. Props Verónica Valeros.
- Media safety fixes by Richard Lundeen of Microsoft, Jesse Ou of Microsoft, and Microsoft Vulnerability Research.
- Improves file add safety on hosts with harmful safety settings.
- Cleans up previous WordPress import recordsdata if the import doesn’t end.
- Introduce “clickjacking” safety in trendy browsers on admin and login pages.
Seek the advice of the change log for extra particulars.
Download WordPress 3.1.3 or replace robotically from the Dashboard → Updates menu in your website’s admin space.
WordPress 3.2 Beta 2 additionally obtainable
In different information, our growth of WordPress 3.2 growth continues proper on schedule. We launched Beta 1 13 days in the past, and at the moment we’re placing out Beta 2 to your testing pleasure.
That is nonetheless beta software program, so we don’t advocate that you simply apply it to manufacturing websites. However in case you’re a plugin developer, a theme developer, or a website administrator, you ought to be operating this in your take a look at environments and reporting any bugs you discover. If you happen to’re a WordPress person who needs to open your presents early, benefit from WordPress’ well-known 5-minute set up and spin up a secondary take a look at website. Tell us what you suppose!
The plan is to begin placing out launch candidates in early June, and to launch WordPress 3.2 by the top of the month. The extra you assist us iron out points in the course of the beta interval, the extra possible we’re to hit these dates. To misappropriate and mangle a quote from Mahatma Gandhi: “Be the punctuality you need to see within the WordPress.” In different phrases, take a look at now!
Listed here are among the issues that modified since Beta 1:
- Google Chrome Frame is now supported within the admin, in case you have it put in. That is particularly helpful for IE 6 customers (keep in mind, IE 6 is in any other case deprecated for the admin).
- The admin is much less ugly in IE 7.
- The blue admin shade scheme has caught as much as the gray one, and is prepared for testing.