Keep in mind after I posted earlier in regards to the Twitter account, and I mentioned that hopefully you’d discover out later at the moment what has been holding us all so busy? Beta testers, that is your second: the WordPress 3.0 Beta 1 has arrived!
That is an early beta. This implies there are some things we’re nonetheless ending. We wished to get individuals testing it this weekend, so we’re releasing it now relatively than ready one other week till the whole lot is finalized and polished. There’s a ton of stuff happening in 3.0, so this time we’re supplying you with an inventory of issues to take a look at, in order that we are able to ensure persons are testing all of the issues that want it.
You Ought to Know:
- The customized menus system (Look > Menus) just isn’t fairly completed. In Beta 2, the structure will likely be completely different and a bunch of the performance will likely be improved, however we didn’t need to maintain issues up for this one display screen. You possibly can play with making customized menus, and report bugs for those who discover them, however this isn’t how the ultimate display screen will look/work, so don’t get hooked up to it.
- The merge! Sure, WordPress and WordPress MU have merged. This doesn’t imply you could all of a sudden begin including a bunch of latest blogs from inside your common WordPress Dashboard. In case you’re excited about testing the Tremendous Admin stuff related to a number of websites, you’ll want some simple directions to get began.
- We’re nonetheless fidgeting with a number of small issues within the UI, as we had been centered on getting the extra function-oriented code completed first. For instance, we’re getting a brand new icon for the Tremendous Admin part.
Issues to check:
- Play with the brand new default theme, Twenty Ten, together with the customized background and header choices.
- Customized Submit Sort performance has been beefed up. It’s really easy so as to add new sorts, so do this and see the way it appears to be like!
- WordPress MU customers ought to take a look at the a number of websites performance to verify nothing broke throughout the merge.
Have already got a take a look at set up that you just need to swap over to the beta? Strive the beta tester plugin.
Testers, don’t overlook to make use of the wp-testers mailing list to debate bugs you encounter.
We hope you prefer it! And for those who don’t, effectively, test again when beta 2 is prepared. 🙂
Obtain the WordPress 3.0 Beta 1 now!