WordPress 2.8.1 fixes many bugs and tightens safety for plugin administration pages. Core Security Technologies notified us that admin pages added by sure plugins might be considered by unprivileged customers, leading to info being leaked. Not all plugins are weak to this drawback, however we advise upgrading to 2.8.1 to be secure.
What else is new since 2.8? Learn by the highlights under, or view all changes since 2.8
- Sure themes have been calling get_categories() in such a method that it will fail in 2.8. 2.8.1 works round this so these themes gained’t have to alter.
- Dashboard reminiscence utilization is lowered. Some folks have been working out of reminiscence when loading the dashboard, leading to an incomplete web page.
- The automated improve now not by chance deletes recordsdata when cleansing up from a failed improve.
- An issue the place the wealthy textual content editor wasn’t being loaded as a result of compression points has been labored round.
- Additional safety has been put in place to raised defend you from plugins that don’t do specific permission checks.
- Translation of position names mounted.
- wp_page_menu() defaults to sorting by the consumer specified menu order slightly than the web page title.
- Add error messages are actually accurately reported.
- Autosave error skilled by some IE customers is mounted.
- Styling glitch within the plugin editor mounted.
- SSH2 filesystem necessities up to date.
- Switched again to twist because the default transport.
- Up to date the interpretation library to keep away from an issue with mbstring.func_overload.
- Stricter inline fashion sanitization.
- Stricter menu safety.
- Disabled code highlighting as a result of browser incompatibilities.
- RTL structure fixes.