Howdy, Woo Developer Neighborhood! 👋 Listed here are some updates of current happenings that you’ll have missed over the previous month. Some gadgets are detailed in earlier posts on this weblog, and different gadgets are pulled from sources like GitHub. We’ve packaged every thing right into a digest to assist preserve everybody within the loop.
- WooCommerce 5.6 was released on August 17th, 2021. As previously mentioned, this model adopted a barely modified launch schedule. It consists of quite a few fixes and enhancements, akin to the choice to allow a lookup desk to enhance filtering by attributes, new variations of WooCommerce Admin and WooCommerce Blocks, and assist for a “transport cellphone” to accompany Billing Cellphone. You may learn extra about every thing that has modified in the changelog for WooCommerce 5.6.
- The Launch Candidate for WooCommerce 5.7 was launched on August 31, 2021 and is presently out there for testing. Along with up to date variations of WooCommerce Admin and WooCommerce Blocks, it additionally consists of enhancements, akin to a redesigned Market part, in addition to fixes that revert the legacy Select2 library again to model 4.0.3 and higher assist for native foreign money formatting. You may learn extra about this model within the launch posts for WooCommerce 5.7 beta and WooCommerce 5.7 RC 1 or see a full listing of every thing in the changelog file for WooCommerce 5.7. Should you’d prefer to dive in and assist check this new launch, our helpful WooCommerce Beta Tester plugin permits you to swap between beta variations and launch candidates. You can too download the release from WordPress.org.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.6.0 was released on August 2, 2021. It consists of plenty of enhancements and bug fixes, akin to enhancements to the SKU search on the
merchandiseendpoint of the Store API and a repair for the reminiscence leak that was occurring when previewing rework choices for the All Critiques block. Preserving with what was previously announced, that is the primary launch of WooCommerce Blocks that adheres to an L0 model assist coverage. Shops who need to replace to this model of WooCommerce Blocks will should be operating at the least WordPress 5.8 and WooCommerce 5.5.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.7.0 was released on August 17, 2021. It brings enhancements to the Featured Class Block that permit customers re-select classes utilizing the edit icon, in addition to quite a few bug fixes for issues like theme assist and accessibility. As was the case for WooCommerce Blocks 5.6.0, this launch adheres to a L0 model assist coverage.
- In case you missed it above, any builders who work with WooCommerce Blocks ought to check out this thorough high-level overview of the WooCommerce Blocks Roadmap that outlines plans for the Cart & Checkout Blocks in addition to Full Website Enhancing assist.
We need to hear from you
Should you’re studying this, drop us a line within the feedback under to tell us the way you’re liking this neighborhood information format. We need to ensure we’re sharing data and fascinating with the neighborhood in an impactful and environment friendly method. And as all the time, be happy to ask us questions within the feedback under or be a part of us for Developer Workplace Hours on Wednesdays at 14:00 UTC within the
#builders channel of the WooCommerce Community Slack.
WooCommerce Agency & Developer
Cogknockers is one of the top WooCommerce Agency & Developers in California. When it comes to WooCommerce website design and development it’s time to choose the most experienced ecommerce web design company in Central California. For more than 20 years, Cogknockers has been designing and building an amazing range of online stores for businesses selling all types of products.
WooCommerce has quickly become a favorite ecommerce solution with smaller businesses and start-up companies across the globe. That’s because it’s affordable, feature rich and exceptionally easy to use. We think it’s an amazing ecommerce platform, and hope you will too!
So how would you like your new online store designed?
We offer a full WooCommerce custom web design services. Get in touch with us today!
This article was originally published here.